EARLY START TIME
|Krista Vansant (16) and Kelcey Dunaway (2)|
-Volleyblog Seattle photo by Leslie Hamann
Tonight’s Pac-12 showdown between #3 Southern Cal and #5 Washington will start an hour earlier than usual. First serve is at 6:00pm.
Several promotions are on tap tonight:
- “Blackout” Night: All Washington fans are encouraged to wear black
- Football Stub Discounts: Volleyball tickets are $3.00 with a ticket stub from last night’s Stanford @ Washington football match
- Camp Night: Admission is free to those who attended either a volleyball or a gymnastics camp this past summer at the University of Washington. Campers should wear or bring their camp t-shirt.
From University of Washington’s Athletic Department Event Management:
Construction of the University of Washington Station pedestrian/bike bridge construction has started. In order to build the bridge the contractor will need to close traffic lanes and sidewalks on Montlake Blvd after 7:00pm tonight.
As fans leave tonight’s volleyball match, please be advised:
Northbound on Montlake Blvd.
- All lanes northbound on Montlake Blvd. including the east sidewalk will be closed.
- Northbound traffic must turn left on NE Pacific Street, right onto NE Pacific Place and turn left back onto Montlake Blvd. at the signal.
- Pedestrians/Bicyclists must use the crosswalk and the west sidewalk between NE Pacific Street and NE Pacific Place.
Southbound on Montlake Blvd.
- One southbound lane will be closed.
- The west sidewalk will be open between NE Pacific Street and NE Pacific Place.